problems with Acer Aspire 5750

AAJorgen
AAJorgen Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello

I have an Acer Aspire 5750 with Windows 7 home premium.

I have a few problems with it when it starts up, it started with the launch of Windows boot manager, where you can choose Windows 7, although it stands to boot up on your hard drive, when the computer then started up until the password, is entered, the field is filled in by itself, it's has succeed me after much trouble to get the password reset, so I can start the computer up.

Once the computer has fully booted up, and you click on start, then search box will be filled with lots of 6 numbers, by itself, the same problem will happen when you go into user accounts and will create a password.

The entire computer has been scanned by several different virus programs - AVG - Norton - Avast - Avira and Microsoft Security Essentials, without there was any virus found.

The hard disk has been formatted completely, and Windows 7 is installed again, but the problem remains the same.

I would suspect there is a virus in the BIOS, but how do you find out? And get it removed?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

If numbers are automatically appearing, you may have a stuck key on your keyboard. Check to make sure there are no keys depressed. If you are still having problems and suspect a virus, your best bet would be to try to back up any data you can, then reload Windows. You can recover your system and reload Windows using the instructions at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869.