power button randomly works

amirpanah
amirpanah Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

i have an acer aspire v5 and my power button won't work until i press the power button repeatedly and it suddenly turns on if it has charge.

if the battery does not have any charge i should plug in the charger a few seconds and unplug it and press the power frequntly to turn on.

i think my button is not broken and my bios is updated and all IC's works but i dont know what is the problem?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

What V5 model number and Windows version do you have? When did you purchase the machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• amirpanah

V5-571G-53314G50Makk and I have windows 10 but it was the same on windows 7 and I think have purchased it 5 years ago

• JackE

Shut down Windows normally. Then press & hold the power button for about 5 seconds. Does the power button still act randomly when it's pressed & released one time to turn the machine back on? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• amirpanah

no it does not work and I should press many times to make machine on.

can it be related to HDD problem cause I think my hard have bad sector also.

• JackE

Due to the intermittent behavior of the power button, I'd guess the its button board ribbon cable connector needs to be re-seated to the mainboard to clean its contacts. This would require some disassembly in order to access the ribbon connector. Google "V5-571G" "disassembly" "button" with the quotes for a video on how to do this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ