possible bad fan, Aspire 5560-Sb653

Options
blakekr
blakekr Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a refurb Acer Aspire AS5560-Sb653 from Tiger Direct that has started overheating. This laptop is too old to justify a "replace the battery, replace the adapter, replace the fan/heatsink" shotgun approach. Because of the refurb, it is hard to tell what model fan this laptop takes. Is this definitely not the same thing as the G series? Because the replacement fans I've been able to find all specify they are 5560G fans.

Also, I have downloaded four fan control programs and not one of them can read or get any data from the fan. So I know from speedfan et. al that my laptop is too hot, but I don't know how to get better information on whether the problem is actually the fan. Does anyone know a way to get fan data with this model?

Thank you!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,091 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

P/N: LX.RNT02.057

Model: Aspire 5560-SB653

Here the part number of the heatsink with fan:

60.RNT01.003HEATSINK.CPU.W/FAN.UMA.35W
    France
  • blakekr
    Options

thanks a lot, I have ordered the fan. There's a faint burning smell so this may just be the problem. That would have been hard to find, thanks again!

• blakekr
    Options

I am not able to order this fan for some reason, my order was canceled becausethe part is unavailable. Maybe I could get it from Europe or something but it is definitely not worth spending $80 on this plastic fan. (I don't even know for sure the fan is the problem.) This computer is not that old, I bought it 2.5 years ago so I don't know why the fan would be hard to get. Does anyone PLEASE know if there is another, more available fan model I could swap out in this laptop? Appreciate any thoughts or leads.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,091 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store in using the customer service form.

In the form:

1- You select in "Please Select a Subject: Other"

2- In "Describe the Problem:", you indicate the S/N of the laptop.

3- Example:

"Price request for the following spare parts:

- P/N, description

- Etc"

You'll receive a quote by mail (pdf document). You can also phone them.

France