my Acer aspire 7750 cannot restart and lights up

Options
ferdinand76
ferdinand76 Member Posts: 4 New User

my Acer aspire 7750 cannot restart or when the screen is off, and you tap any key it doesn't light up. what might be the problem and the solution?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Does the screen display light up again when you press the Fn+F6 toggle keys?

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• ferdinand76
    Options
    Hello sorry i tried fn+f6 and still it would not wake up unless i give it a cold boot
  • JackE
    Options

OK. Try this test. Just before turning off your screen, close down ALL the programs that you are using. Then test to see if the screen lights up again by tapping a key.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• ferdinand76
    Options
    It didn't work dear. What else can u offer?
  • JackE
    Options

Do you recall any programs or program updates that you might've installed just prior to this issue? What is the system's Windows version? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• ferdinand76
    Options
    I installed iso on my hard drive... sorry don't know much about pc terms. That what i know. It started giving me a blue screen then quickly shut down my laptop. I had it fixed and when i switch it on and it is idle, the screen goes off it does not come back on when i tap a key unless i give it a cold boot. When i even press restart it shut down the laptop. A bit complicated. I need help dear
  • JackE
    Options

>>>I installed iso on my hard drive>>>

Which Windows version iso did you install? Window 7? Windows 8.1? Windows 10? Which one?

>>>when i switch it on and it is idle, the screen goes off it does not come back on when i tap a key unless i give it a cold boot>>>

A temporary fix for this is idle problem is to open Control Panel and search "power". Then edit the power plan so that the system never goes to sleep or hibernates when idle. You can also change settings for the power switch and other keyboard buttons.

Have you installed an anti-virus program running on your system such as McAfee, Norton?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ