i own a acer aspire one that i need to reset to factory specs.

Options
qwerty62
qwerty62 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

i not sure how to reset my computer. i know there is a way to do it but it didnt come with a disk nor does it have a cd rom.

i have done before but cant remember how i did it. can some one plz help me with this issue?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Recovery media is not necessary to recover your computer. You can use Acer Recovery Management to reinstall your Operating System from a hidden partition built into your computer.

Use the following steps to start the system recovery:
    Restart the computer.
    When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
    If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
    After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
    Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
    Click Next to begin the restore process.

The restore can take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour.
    Once the restore is complete your computer will load Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Your computer may reboot several times during this process. After everything is complete your computer will be like it was when you first purchased it.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!

• qwerty62
    Options

blue screen / aproblem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Is that the recovery was initiated, or even before the process you get BSOD,. Eitherways Its likely a HDD issue, You may need to consider replacing the HDD,.
  • Sharanji
    Options

Restart the computer and then keep tapping F2 key to enter BIOS.

Press the F9 key and then select "Yes" to load default and save the configuration, then press the F10 key and select "Yes" to save the changes in BIOS.

The computer would restart automatically and please proceed and try the above mentioned recovery steps.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!

• qwerty62
    Options

didnt work

• Sharanji
    Options

If you have the recovery disc you may try to boot and restore the computer.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• qwerty62
    Options

out of warranty cant use chat

• Sharanji
    Options
    You may open the laptop and reset the memory modules to chekc the issue, if issue persists the you may take help from a local technician in your area and physically anlayze the internal parts.
  • b4ugojo
    b4ugojo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hi im trying to reset my pc but it's been resetting for over 2hrs now and is still on 1% is this normal or should i shut it down and try to start the reset again ??