i change hdd on aspire v5-431 now i can not boot or enter in bios please help to reinstall win8

Options
soarece_urat
soarece_urat Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

the original hdd was stopped functioning on my aspire v5-431.I try to put in other laptop but wont spin at all.

the laptop was preinstalled with Windows 8 UEFI and safe boot on or something like that and gpt partition i guess and now i can not boot or enter in bios please help to flash bios or to install on this new hdd windows 8.

I tried everything from removing the motherboard batteryto boot from usb with bios file and Crisis files and nothing.

the f2 button doesn't work and acer crisis recovery ask for wph file format and i just have rom file format.

PLEASE HELP TO INSTAL ON NEW HDD WIN 8 OR 7 DOESN'T MATTER OR TO CORECTLY FLASH BIOS ON THIS MODEL(ASPIRE V5-431)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you tried to boot to BIOS without HDD connected?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • soarece_urat
    Options

yes i tried to boot without hdd and odd and nothing.

The problem is that native UEFI mode was activated in win8 and safe boot also.

now i have a blank hdd without no chance to get in bios or uefi to boot from external hardware to instal windows.

i tried also to flash bios from usb with diferent crisis but no luck.

after i search the google i find the right procedure but i dont have the files EFI folder ,BIOS image file ,BIOS.cap, PFlash.efi , PFlashX86efi, Startup.nsh. and the crisis for my aspire v5-431 and a god tutorial to do that.

I'm desperate, trying for a week now to install win8 on this aspire v5-431 on a new hdd.

any advices please! thnk.

ps. is there a way to rack my new hdd into another pc and formated with guid gpt partitions and install win 8 .....after that to put this hdd in aspire and make it some how to work?

this pre installed uefi firmware win 8 change evrything !!!! (in bad)

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You must be able to boot to BIOS without HDD connected, even with UEFI and secure boot enabled.

Crysis disk can't work under UEFI.

in my opinion, buy from Acer the recovery media and boot from that:

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • soarece_urat
    Options

no the f2 key doesn't do anything just beep and "no opearting system found" is on display.

if i tried to boot something from bootable usb is say that safe mod denied acces....

and an erecovery is USELESS i can boot from anything why buy a dvd to look at it?

and is another problem my snid and serial from back cover it seeem to be invalid on acer site

this is my snid: ****

s/n: NXM2SEK003****

can it be a chinese clone

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• soarece_urat
    Options

ERECOVERY MEDIA.....

"To Get Started, please enter the serial number or SNID located on your Acer product and click "Submit"

No RCD available for the entered Serial Number.

........SUBMIT"

THIS IS THE  RESPONSE FROM ACER !