how to restore touch-pad functionality.

Options
moder
moder Member Posts: 3 New User

hello everyone.

i recently reinstalled windows 8.1 on my laptop as i had cloning problems with my new ssd (crucial mx100), reinsalling windows appearntly solved the problem. i had problems with my dispaly (brightness could not be adjusted) that was solved by installing intel's latest drivers using their app as device manager showed that it had the latest drivers. i only have one issue right now, the touch pad lost its multi-touch features and windows 8.1 gestures, is there anyway to fix this? i know it is probably a driver's problem but i can't really find them in device manager and if you can post the link of the drivers, i would really appreaciate it.

my laptop is acer V3-772G-747A8G75MAKK.

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Drivers and Manuals/Notebook/Aspire/V3-772G

• moder
    Options

thank you very much, there are 2 touchpad drivers, each for different touchpads made by different manufacturers so how do i know which one i have?

also, after i download the driver, how do i apply the update? i can't find the touchpad in device manager.

• moder
    Options

problem solved, i went to device manager and chose the hardware id for "ps2 mouse" under "mice and other pointing devices", from the given information i knew that the touchpad was made by synaptics, i then downloaded the drivers and applied them manually.

• gnh
    gnh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have installed Windows 8.1 recently and have alos lost the touch screen portal and its functionality, eg maps etc.

I followed the link provided but cant see a driver listed for touch pad function. Am I missing something? Can anybody help please?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

These are the Touchpad drivers for the V3-772g. Yours is probably the Synaptics.

TouchPadELANTECHTouchpad Driver11.6.28.201123.2 MB2013/10/11Download
    TouchPadSynapticsTouchpad Driver17.0.6.17121.7 MB2013/10/11Download