how to reset a bios password on Aspire 5570Z? I deleted mine while trying to change it

Options
TCW70
TCW70 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I'm gifting my Aspire 5570Z to my neighbor and wanted to delete the bios password.  I went into bios and deleted the password and pressed enter for new password and confirm.  Now I'm locked out.  Please help!!

Best Answer

• TCW70
    Answer ✓
    Options

I want to thank all of the community for the help! I was able to reset the password is by disconnecting the CMOS battery for an hour then without replacing the HD or the battery and reattached the AC adapter. Then I booted the machine past POST. I unplugged the AC and reassembled the machine. It now boots without the bios password. I hope that this will help someone who has the same problem. Thanks again everyone! 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

Try the old password in case you forgot to exit and save the new bios settings.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TCW70
    Answer ✓
    Options

I want to thank all of the community for the help! I was able to reset the password is by disconnecting the CMOS battery for an hour then without replacing the HD or the battery and reattached the AC adapter. Then I booted the machine past POST. I unplugged the AC and reassembled the machine. It now boots without the bios password. I hope that this will help someone who has the same problem. Thanks again everyone! 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

Congrats!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Aspire5570Zuser
    Aspire5570Zuser Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

"by disconnecting the CMOS battery for an hour then without replacing the HD or the battery" Hi, what do you mean by "withoput replacing the HD" Did you disconnect the hard drive too?