how to awake my computer by using the keyboard?

guypredd
guypredd Member Posts: 12 New User

Acer Aspire E15 ES1-512

ive been upgrading the computer:

from hdd to ssd

from 4 gb ram to 8gb ram

windoes 8 to 8.1 pro 64bit.

now when my laptop going to "sleep" after 5 minutes, i want to getting him awake by touching the keyboard or playing with the "mouse". but its not helping. i must to click on the power buttom. and that quite annoying.

what should i do?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I turn Hybrid sleep off and set Hybernate to Never and my Acers will wake by tapping Enter.

• guypredd

and how did you do that?

• philetus

Click in the Power icon in the Tray (lower left corner of screen), click More Power Options, Change Plan Settings,Change advanced Power Settings, click the plus sign on Sleepand Allow Hybrid Sleep, Change both settings to off.

If it won't allow it, click the link above that says Change setting that are currently ubavailable.

Click the plus on Hibernate after and change both settings to Never by clicking the current setting and using the down arrow to run it to 0. Click Apply.

• guypredd

i dont know what you mean when you said to click on "more power options". i cant find it. can you be more specefic ?

• philetus

Click this

20160428_090657.jpg

Click this

20160428_090753.jpg

• guypredd

i was needed go to "Device manager" and let the keyboard and the mouse wake the computer.

problem resolved.

thank you guys