how do i get sound on my panasonic tv using hdmi from my E1-570

sallydais
sallydais Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I can get a picture but not volume on my panasonic tv using HDMI cable.  I have updated the audio drivers, but this still not hs worked, any idea?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Have you set HDMI as default in your sound settings? Be sure to set it back to laptop speakers when your done.

• kidziti
    kidziti Member Posts: 26 New User

I had a very similar problem and the solution is pretty simple.  I am assuming you are using WIndows 7 in this explanation (the OS I am using) - but this may work similarly in WIndows 8.

Once the HDMI cable is connected, go to the system tray (usually configured as the lower right side of the task bar) and right-click the speaker icon.  Choose Playback Devices and you should see the device that the HDMI cable is plugged into.  Click that choice once and it should stay highlighted.  Then click Set Default in the button below.  Similar;ly, you can right-click the desired device and select Set as Default Device.  In any case, you may need to reverse the process when disconnected.

The paradox here is that the selected defaults are not actually defaults.  If my HDMI device was truly a default, it would automatically connect when the HDMI cable is plugged in.  Instead, it is only a default until I fall back on the system speakers, which then reset themseves as the default.  Question for the group: Is there a way around this awkward way to invoke speaker choices?