how do i access UEFI with my ao725-0687 netbook?

Options
theophilus
theophilus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have an ao725-0687 netbook with windows 8.1 (from the factory).  I wish to access UEFI (Bios).  The method at 

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27103/notif/1

{Accessing the UEFI (BIOS) setup on a Windows 8 / 8.1 system}

does not work on my machine.  My machine does NOT show the "UEFI Firmware Settings" button on the relevant page (but it DOES show the other 5 buttons shown in the video to be on that page).  How can I access UEFI on this machine?  Thanks.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    If the BIOS has only Information, Main, Security, Boot and Exit tabs it is not an UEFI BIOS.
    You may use the F2 key to enter BIOS and view the device settings.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!
  • theophilus
    theophilus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply.  But I have no idea what the tabs look like when in BIOS because I can't get into BIOS.  The FAQs article I mentioned in the original post said if I had Windows 8 or 8.1 from the factory, that I had UEFI.  So that is why I say UEFI.  I don't care which it is as long as I can get to it.  I think the manual that came on my machine says to do the F2 thing during boot (as normal for BIOS).  But that doesn't work (and I have done that many times on many machines- so I do know how to do that correctly).  I confess that I find it a little discouraging to have such an issue and I can't get someone at Acer (in an official capacity) to tell me how to get to my BIOS (or UEFI) without paying them to tell me (because my machine is out of warranty).  Well I am doing what the FAQ says and it doesn't work.  And I did what the manual says and it doesn't work.  Warranty shouldn't be relevant!  How do I get to my BIOS?