how do I factory resset extensa 5620 when it says no operating system not found?

Options
Mandi77
Mandi77 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have an Acer Extensa 5620. I have a black screen that says no operating system found. I have tried F2 but I do not know the password and niether does the person I got it from. I do have all the discas that came with it but I can't get the recovery disc to work. Somebody please help me.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

You may perfrom a power reset,

Unplug the ac adapter and remove the battery, Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds.

Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter only and power ON the laptop.

If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.

If still unable to boot, you may try the below mentioned recovery steps,

Use the following steps to start the system recovery:

Restart the computer, When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys, After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.

Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready, Click Next to begin the restore process.

If the recovery processes doen not start you need to check if the hard disk is detected in BIOS.

Since you are unable to enter BIOS, you may get help of a technician to clear the BIOS password.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!