how can I resurrect my battery which my Acer Aspire One cannot detect?

Options
JanetHudgins
JanetHudgins Member Posts: 13 New User

I haven't used it for a while, and when I did, it couldn't find the battery. Is there a magic touch for this?

Appreciate your help

Janet

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options

Turn the system off. Then try leaving the charger plugged in for a day or two. If it still doesn't recognize the battery, then it's time to replace it. Battery replacements are fairly inexpensive these days. What's the model number of your Aspire One? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JanetHudgins
    Options

Thanks for your response Jack. The Model No is ZG5. 

Sorry to be a little thick but I don't know how to turn the system off.

The battery was new a couple of years ago and it hasn't been used more than two weeks so I'm hoping the battery is okay. 

• JackE
    Options

You can try to turn the system off by clicking on "Start", usually located on the lower left hand corner of your screen. A menu should open up. Near the bottom right side of the menu there should be an option to shutdown the machine. Just click on it. And follow instructions. If that doesn't work, then press and hold the power button for 4-5 seconds to force the machine to shut down. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JanetHudgins
    Options

Sorry. Of course, I know how to do that, didn't know shutting down was the same as turning the system off.

But...can I run my Acer One ZG5 without the battery, just power. What can happen to the computer if I do that?

Thanks

• JackE
    Options

Yes, you can run without the battery. But a new ZG5 battery only costs about $12 with free shipping. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ