help on a acer aspire notebook

Options
StormChaser
StormChaser Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hello

i am looking into buying the Acer Aspire E3-112 11.6" notebook. model # NX.MRLEK.011, series # Aspire E3-112-C4HJ. my question is this. i noticed that this notebook as fan less technology. how does this notbook keep cool from over heating. whether its on a desk, your lap or on your bed? to me the specs are great. just the issue of no fan. any help or others that have this notebook would be appreciated. thank you

StormChaser

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It has a Intel Celeron N2840 Dual Core 2.16GHz, 1MB Cache CPU. This CPU has a TDP of 7.5 watts. 7.5 watts doesn't generate enough heat to need a fan.

• StormChaser
    StormChaser Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hi thanks for the reply. i did notice that in the intel ARK, but i did notice it saying it could get a temp of 100c which doesnt include motherboard heat. i seen reviews of the aspire e3-111 where some said it got up to 90c heat and hot on the legs at certain stages. so just wondered about this one.  i years ago returned a dell mini 1012 because of the heat issue i had. i like the e3-112 partly because of the cpu and the exand ram to 8gb which most 11.6" only do 4gb max

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you remove the heat from the CPU, video card,power supply and motherboard, there is no other source of  heat in a computer.

• j500
    j500 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options
    Take apart Video http://youtu.be/5OT_RnjMess