having trouble with touchpad driver download

billydon
billydon Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a new Acer Aspire E5-521 and after a psychotic windows update session my cursor became possessed. After 9 plus hours on phone and live chat with both Acer and Microsoft both blaming the other I finally was told to update driver. So the Acer chat people gave me the download link and directions on how to download it. I can do #1 open the folder and can right click the downloaded zip and extract files but then it says to double click with the same name as downloaded and the right click setup.exe or install.exe  No matter what I do after doing the "extract files" I cannot get it to show #3 the setup.exe or install.exe and click run as administrator. which means I cannot get to installation. Can anyone tell me an easy way to download the touchpad driver? i am so tired I cannot breathe. this has been crazy.

Thank you in advance

Answers

• HeyRoxie
    HeyRoxie Member Posts: 27 New User

hi

I have a couple things that might work... where did you save the file?

you can do this through device manager and change the path to where the file is..

or you can go into safemode and open file from there and select run or setup..

if you need further break down let me know  I will be happy to walk you through this,. I am dealing with same thing and actually using keyboard on screen Woman Wink

• billydon

I could definately use the walk thru help. I am probably the most ignorant computer user ever. I am old and just do not get all of this technical jargon. I have tried a hundred times to follow their directions and it just isnt working, at least for me. thank you

• billydon

It saved into i believe downloads

• HeyRoxie
    HeyRoxie Member Posts: 27 New User

ok when in device manager where you update drivers.. do you remember seeing the screen where you can choose the driver or you can have the system look from your files??

when you 1st click it you see a screen that says Search - Automatically  OR Browse my computer.. selected the 2nd  Browse my computer and at the top you will see it has a path.. make sure that path matches where the file is.. you can evem click on the browse button to the right side and take the link directly to the correct one.. Try that and see if it will grab the driver if not I will try and walk you through using the CMD prompt..