has anyone updated an old aspire 4530 to win 10?

DBEAR
DBEAR Member Posts: 1 New User

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

It is not on the list of devices that are supported for the upgrade to Windows 10, so I can't say how Windows 10 will work on the system. It does not appear we have Windows 10 drivers for this system online either. Maybe another user has tried installing Win 10 on this system and can provide some additional insight.

• LoneRanger007
    LoneRanger007 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Aye lad,I've just done it. Upgraded from 7 to 10. The Bluetooth on this unit,when you push the bluettoth button,has Always said "Bluetooth disabled" HOW it was disabled only the Saints and God knows. No one cold tell me how to then enable it. So i bought,from Amazon,a "Plugable Bluetooth USB Adapter" Look it up lad 'cause it's doin' just grand.

Cheers,Bill

• JazyBell2715
    JazyBell2715 Member Posts: 1 New User

i have and it works fine the only thing i am trying to get to work is the bluetooth button 

• LoneRanger007
    LoneRanger007 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Oye Lad, I couldn't get anything from that bluetooth button except "Bluetooth Disabled" on the screen,Why or how it was disabled only the Saints and God himself knows and he's not telling me,and since no one could tell me how to RE-enable it; I bought a "Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 " (Plugable Technologies) from Amazon $13.95 if my memory serves(look it up lad 'cause it's workin' grand.) Slainte,Liam

P.S. Nolliag Shona (That's Merry Christmas if your Gaelic be a bit rusty).

• IvanHendrika
    IvanHendrika Member Posts: 1 New User

yes & it works smoothly with Windows 10 Pro, bluetooth & browser button works fine, but, you can replace the original HDD to branded SSD (to greatly speed up your laptop) or replace your dvd optical drive with SSD slot, up to you

• Tapi
    Tapi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Buenas Tardes

Quiero consultarle si la Latop Acer aspire 4530 series se le puede instalar Windows 10

Quedi atento
    Gracias
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    @Tapi as stated in the previous posts you can do the upgrade, although possibly with Bluetooth issues.
    @Tapi como se indicó en las publicaciones anteriores, puede hacer la actualización, aunque posiblemente con problemas de Bluetooth.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bill59
    Bill59 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acabo de instalar Windows 10 Home......  trabaja bien pero un poco lentamente