erecovery gets stuck at installing bing toolbar

Options
abortle10
abortle10 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello everyone, trying to restore an acer laptop of mine so I did the ecrovery factory default reset.  It gets past the update and starts installing the programs and drivers.  When it gets to the bing toolbar install 15/39 it gets stuck and doesn't proceed.  Does anyone have a fix to a problem?  Thanks. 

Answers

• Khan_Riyas85
    Khan_Riyas85 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi

Please force reboot the unit and it will fix it.

Regards

[edited for privacy]

• abortle10
    Options
    Tried that several times but each time it gets stuck at that step.
  • sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

How do you recover the unit, if its from the Hidden Partition, Have you tried with the recovery media created / Purchased from Acer?. As the same cound happen if the Recovery Partition is corrupted
  • abortle10
    Options

I'm using the erecovery management by pressing alt + f10 since I don't have a recovery disk. 

• keith111
    keith111 Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter
    Options

1) Push start in the lower left corner, and type Google Toolbar in the Search programs and files box.

2) type in the same box, %appdata% and observe if you see any Google Toolbar file there.

3) deleting the file will not be necessary, as this is only a test. You can make a Temp File (make it Temp1 or something, not to disturb any other temp files nearby, and to keep it easier to find) to put it in at it's current location and remove back, after running eRecovery again to see if Bing Bar proceeds with the install.

(I personally don't use either toolbar, as I like as large a display screen as I can get and still have comfortable control functionality).Robot Happy

This is for my curiosity only, as I have had a similar experience of late.

• sathya0403
    Options
    Were could he find the start if the recovery is not yet complete. Think you have misunderstood the situation
  • keith111
    keith111 Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter
    Options

The newly-made files involve dualing toolbar files... Is what I witnessed.

When Alice deletes a file from outside Wonderland, it goes into an alternate Recycling Bin that may or may not be reachable.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you don't find any other way,

I fixed the factory recovery on a Lenovo I have by extracting the (large,10GB) recovery image .wim file and using files from inside it to rebuild the recovery program. You could possibly get inside and delete the Bingbar junk and rezipping it and it might work.You would need another computer and something to connect the laptop drive to it's USB.

• abortle10
    Options

Sorry about the delay guys, I was out of town since last thursday. I'm not able to access anything after the startup repair screen.  The erecovery stopped at the bing install bar so I decided to make an erecovery disk and try that.  Everything looked to be going through ok until step 31/37 (installing microsoft office) where it does the same thing and hangs up right there.  Any thoughts?