edit boot options for acer recovery management ao725, d2d\images

willowsage
willowsage Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi I used acer's recovery thumb drive to reset my ao725 to factory settings and when I press alt+f10 edit boot options come up and says:  path: \windows\system32\winload.efi 

[ /noexecute=optin /minit /novga rdimageoffset=8192 rdimagelength=3161088 rdp ath=multi(0)disk(0)partition(6)\sources\boot.wim 

when i press enter the acer screen comes up then the recovery management screen comes up says please wait a moment then says restore failed-can not find image  path:m:\d2d\images\*.swm

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, as i have been working on trying to fix this computer since mid december and it is now march. I dont know what to do and the acer company will not help me at all since i no longer have a warranty. i can not afford to pay for their support either. thank you to anyone willing to help!!!!!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you go into Bios and change the boot tab so the Usb drive is the first boot device and reboot to it, what happens?

• willowsage

It just keeps trying to recover the computer but says boot.wim and boot.ini are missing and also there is an i/o device error

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

What I understand from this is you made the thumb drive when the computer was working correctly and when you needed it and tried to use it, it is corrupt and won't work.

• willowsage

No, I purchased it from Acer after my computer got stuck in a repair loop and they said it would restore it to factory settings. The first one didn't work so they sent a new one which I got further with but still hasn't restored it all the way