eRecovery process stalls

Options
joslo21
joslo21 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I am using the Acer eRecovery discs (Windows 7  64 bit) on my Aspire V3-571. On multiple attempts at a recovery the process hangs at Step 41 of 60 when trying to load the OOBE (Out Of Box Experience) file. A second set of  discs provided by Acer produces the same results. I have an extra 1TB WD SATA HD that I have swapped into the laptop for troubleshooting purposes. No joy there. The recovery process appears to run normally until it stalls at Step 41. It has hung at that point for an hour with nothing happening.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Is your HDD wiped and without any partition?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • joslo21
    Options

"Is your HDD wiped and without any partition?"

Yes.

Wiped slick with no partition. The first thing the eRecovery wanted to know was how to partition the drive for the recovery process.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Ok, when stuck at OOBE, presso ALT+HOME key, probably there's a popup in the background.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • joslo21
    Options

"when stuck at OOBE, presso ALT+HOME key"

Thanks. Might be a good suggestion. I'll give that a try the next time I attempt to recover. Maybe tomorrow.

However I'm really tired of working on this hangar queen. I've got a Windows 7 CD on order that will be here Monday. I downloaded all the Acer suggested drivers yesterday.  I think I will just load a fresh clean Microsoft generated copy of 7 on the HD and go through the agony of loading the drivers. After that at least I won't have to deal with all the bloatware that comes back on an Acer recovery.