eRecovery failure (not enough disk space for temporary files)

M-B
M-B Member Posts: 2 New User
My Acer Aspire 7715 stopped working (BSOD in Windows) so I considered a reinstall would be best.
However, on entering eRecovery the second option (restore OS and preserve user data) is grayed out so I can only choose option 1 (factory reset). At the fourth page (recovery destination) the 0.1GB partition named Acer is mentioned. When continuing, in step 5 (recovery progress) I get a popup stating there is insufficient space on the disk for temporary files required for the operation.

After the first attempt ending in this message, the computer now is stuck in an endless loop always loading the recovery program and I can't even choose safe boot mode to start windows.

Please, any suggestions?

Answers

• Have you tried to start recovery at boot?

1. Power on the computer
    2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
    3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings.

Are you sure your recovery partitions are intact? 0.1GB doesn't sound big enough for a recoverypartition.

• M-B
    M-B Member Posts: 2 New User

hi Philetus,

That is exactly the procedure I followed. I do not know how to recognize the recovery partition still being intact - all I know is that the disk contains a hidden partition (several GBs) next to the 0.1GB partition and the normal system partition (~200GB). I assume the 0.1GB partition is the Windows System Partition which is required to startup and currently, it seems to have been overwritten by Acer eRecovery in a way where windows cannot boot.

Do you have a suggestion what to do? How to verify the partition health status?

• I didn't recognize .1GB as 100MB. That's ok. 

Go to Disk management and see if you have another partition besides C and the 100MB partition.