cpu speed reduced when playing games and increased when idle

Options
Nizzam
Nizzam Member Posts: 3 New User

hello guys. im currently having problem with my acer aspire v5-471pg runs on windows 8. my problem is the cpu speed in the task manager shows that my cpu speed stuck at 1.28ghz whenever i play any type of games but the cpu speed will increase up to ++2.00ghz when i left it idle. i tried to find various type solutions on the internet but i failed. i hope someone out there might help me to solve this solution. and please help me.. tq.

Answers

• Nikolay1
    Nikolay1 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I dont know Windows8 task manager (im using win7), but you can verify or exclude this phenomenon with HWMonitor (from developers of CPU-Z) free version. The program is very usefull and will give you info about speed, temp and other things.

• Nizzam
    Options

this is what happened when i played a game. the HWmonitor shows that the clocks is running at 1297Mhz while actually its maximum speed can be up to 2621Mhz and the task manager also shows that the cpu speed is stuck at 1.28GHz when playing game but increase to +2.00Ghz when the game is closed.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qsyp1t&s=8#.VUt9Sfmqqko

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24ch6y1&s=8#.VUt_afmqqko

• Nikolay1
    Nikolay1 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

...actually i think that everything is normal. HWMonitor shows that the clock speed at max is 2621MHz - exactly the max auto-overclock. Your model is supoused to run at around 1.7 and in case to increase at 2.6. When the system is free of tasks the speed can drop to lower as 1.7 - in this case 1.29. When you play dota the speed is probably at max (2.6) and whe you switch to task manager, the game turns into background application wich do not need a processing power. You can chek this  by recording a log wit HWMonitor (im not shure that the free ver. have it).

• Nizzam
    Options

im not going to say that im good in this but ive been observing this problem for the past few months and ive investigated everything. if i minimize any game and idle my laptop for about 3mins, the cpu speed will increase back to more than 2.00ghz and when i maximize it back it is much better with very high frame rate, but it didnt last long bcs about 5seconds later the cpu speed will drecrease back and the frame rate will become very low and low again. and if if i try any other games like need for speed, the cpu speed will stuck at 0.78ghz. fascinating. well, trust me this isnt normal bcs ive been studying about computers too. isnt there any acer's crew that can help me ?

• GohYH
    GohYH Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Having a same problem as well. In the past the task manager show that the maximum speed is 2.6 and runs more than 2.00GHz+ when playing games. After some problem, I have to reset the laptop. After I reset, the task shows that the maximum speed is 1.7GHz. When I play games, it wouldn't increase its speed more than 1.29GHz. Please help me to solve this.