can someone please tell me how to fix this pain in the ... touchpad or mouse

Options
taylor1277
taylor1277 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Please tell me I didn't walk into something bad. My last computer which i still have was a Dell Inspiron. I am having problems with the touchpad/mouse on my Acer. The cursor is all over the place. Try going to a link and then right clicking. Nearly impossible.The cursor sticks and then when it finally releases goessssssssssssss alll over the screen. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.Holly ***** i am sure i am in for the ride of my life. You can tell a good computer by how much crapware it has on it. Holy ***** i never seen so much bloatware. Preinstalled software. Can we fix the mouse/touchhy pad thing

Answers

• vojvoda
    vojvoda Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

You might try to uninstall all software you've installed for touchpad (even touchpad drivers) because touch WILL WORK even without it's software or driver since it has to have elementary drivers to operate in pre-instaled GUI (when installing windows per example). If still doing the same, then it coukld be a hardware issue, or just something stuck somewhere arround the touch board causing presure and doing what you have described.

• taylor1277
    taylor1277 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

what do you mean by installed software, i haven't installed any other software for the touchpad. is there some place that i can adjust movement on the touchpad. my old dell had a touchpad in the control panel that i could soften the touch and do other things to make it work.

• DarrenHill
    DarrenHill Member Posts: 37 New User
    Options

Look under "Mouse" in control panel. That usually has entries/options for both touchpad and rodent, either in different tabs or by selectable device. Or there may be an icon in the system tray area, often labelled "Synaptics Pointing Device" or something like that, although that's usually just a shortcut to the same control panel mouse entry.

• ctdude
    ctdude Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes, the touchpad is terrible on my new Acer, but I don;t remember it being this bad on my previous Acer.

It sticks, requires the touchpad to be released, wait a second and it works again.  The right click is so hard to use that I am considering buying an external mouse just for that.  Any click except in the utmost right hand lower corner will be seen as a left click.  Its terrible.

I have no answer yet, just venting.... sorry.