battery trouble with new E1-532

Options
b7guzman
b7guzman Member Posts: 2 New User
Last week I bought this brand new Acer Aspire E1-532-2616 laptop. It mostly works well for my needs. However I've got one problem with the battery. I uninstalled the Acer "ePower Manager" program because it was causing a conflict of settings with the Intel manager program. Once I uninstalled it that issue stopped. But now I've noticed my battery drains a LOT faster. Also, I made sure that Windows' battery plan would notify me when the power got to 15% but it just sleeps at 20%! I've done a ton of research online now and still can't find a solution. Do I need to recalibrate the battery? Another online community told me I should just let the battery go through a few cycles and see if it stabilizes. Would really appreciate an Acer representative's input.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may check by updating the latest BIOS update released for your model.
    The latest BIOS update avaliabel for your model is V 2.17
    You may reinstall ePower management application to resolve the conflict issue. ePower

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• b7guzman
    b7guzman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I installed ePower again. There was no way to open any .exe file. What's more is that it made the previous settings reset again. I did further research and apparently ePower Management isn't even necessary on Windows 7? I uninstalled it and the battery is dying fast again. This is very disappointing that my brand new laptop won't just work the way it should out of the box...
  • zaansari
    zaansari Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I want to change bios battery