battery light blinking orange when laptop running

alig301
alig301 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi, my laptop will charge ok when shut down but when running after a time, the battery light and the power light will start blinking orange and the battery wont charge and will run out with the adaptor connected. I have tried removing the battery and holding the power button then refitting. If the light is blinking, after the laptop shuts down/hibernates, I have to remove the power lead and then reconnect for it to charge correctly.

Also when I run on ac power only with the battery removed, the laptop will after a while suddenly shut down. Any ideas how to correct these issues would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Al

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

There is a utility called BatteryInfoView from Nirsoft that will give an excellent picture of what the battery/charging system is doing. I would try that and see what it says.

• moeoo91
    moeoo91 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have problem here my acer aspire 3624wxci is about 18 years old I changed my battery bar because old one is not working anymore. But now my laptop run on battery don't know original power adapter anyway what's wrong.