audio distorted problems, mouse lagging, etc

Options
kevinzg
kevinzg Member Posts: 4 New User

Currently using a Aspire E15

This happened probably around a day or 2 ago. I tried restoring my computer it fixed in for a few minutes then went back to same thing. Same goes for restarting the computer. My mouse would lag and slow down, and when listening to music audio would be distorted. 

Anyone have a clue? 

Thanks in advanced

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This issue has been reported after installing some recently released windows update.
    Currently the option to perform a system restore to previous date. You can also try uninsatlling the windows updates manually from control panel > windows update. The exact windows update KB is unknown. Microsoft is currently working on this issue.
    If the issue persists you may try reinstalling the audio and touchpad drivers from Acer eRecovery management.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• costud
    costud Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have a new Acer laptop, model VN7-791G-70TB, windows 8.1 and the same problem also. I suspect that it's a trackpad driver problem.

Anyone with a solution>

Thanks!

• Slick
    Slick Member Posts: 23 New User
    Options

I had the same problem yesterday, but I believe I may have resolved it by following the steps Acer-Justin posted from this thread. You can send Kudos to him since his advice helped me out with my issue.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Aspire-E5-771G-audio-staggers-after-windows-update/m-p/349662/highlight/true#M58159

Acer-Justin wrote:

I would recommend performing a system restore to before the update. Once you roll it back check the updates it's installing to see if something is for audio. It's most likely just an update issue and installing the updates over may resolve it.

• costud
    Options

Thanks, but mine is just out of the box. Just some windows updates, not acer drivers...

I just updated BIOS now, because I found a new verson on Acer website. Let's see if the problem is solved or not.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This issue has been reported after installing some recently released windows update.
    Currently the option to perform a system restore to previous date. You can also try uninsatlling the windows updates manually from control panel > windows update. The exact windows update KB is unknown. Microsoft is currently working on this issue.
    If the issue persists you may try reinstalling the audio and touchpad drivers from Acer eRecovery management.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• costud
    Options

Thanks for the answer. Hope the exact KB will be identified and Microsoft resolve the issue, because the touchpad is useless now.

• kevinzg
    Options
    So the best thing to do is just wait for Microsoft?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you don't want to rever to a previous system restore, yes you need to wait until microsoft found the KB that's causing this issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • andrewuh
    andrewuh Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

If Microsoft is currently working on the issue, how long of a wait would you expect before a new update is out that would remedy this problem?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i don't know, sorry. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • andrewuh
    Options

If Microsoft is currently working on the issue, how long of a wait would you expect before a new update is out that would remedy this problem? 

• kevinzg
    Options
    How will I know when Microsoft fixes it? Will There be an update?
  • agiurov
    agiurov Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Disabaling the "Intel(R) technology access service" from the task manager fixed the problem for me and for another friend.

It's a MIcrosoft problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62939-drop-performance-mouse-stuttering-after-about-20-min-3.html 

• carmentaimre
    carmentaimre Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I had the same problem, started yesterday. Disabaling the "Intel(R) technology access service" worked for me too.

• andrewuh
    Options

I can confirm Btenpenny's solution. It remains to be seen how long this will work. On another forum, some people reported the "Intel(R) technology access service" opening back up after an unknown amount of time. But this definitely will work as a temporary measure until Microsoft can patch up the update issue.

• agiurov
    agiurov Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

It will open again if you dont stop it from the Services. The first time i tried, it pop up back after a restart.