aspire v3-571 headphone jack

deheugden
deheugden Member Posts: 4 New User

i got a problem with my headphone jack. I only hear sound on the right side, not on the left. tried different headphones, same problem. Did the soundtest from the configurationpanel , same problem.

Anyone who can help? laptop is a few months out of warenty so a repair by Acer isn't an option(if it is a hardware error).

Answers

• Govind1801
    Govind1801 Member Posts: 19 New User
    This issue can be issue with hardware or software, To isolate, if your computer Operating system is Widnows 8 or 8.1, try refreshing the Operating System and check it, if the issue persist after refresh then issue should be hardware caused by the wires inside getting disconnected.
  • deheugden

Many thansk for the reply. I do think its an hardware issue, used pc-check to test and it gave some errors on the ac-sound. A refreh install with the lastest drivers didn't solve the problem.

Is it possible to replace the jack or the cables you are mentioning?

• Govind1801
    It is 3.5 mm headset/speaker jack connector, to change this you need to send unit for service or contact Acer support for schedule the unit for service.
  • deheugden

The laptop is out of warenty, so sending it to Acer would to expensive.

I cannot figure out if its a module that can be replaced or that its connected to the mainboard and the complete mainboard need to be replaced. I checked the internet for an individual jack, but i couldnt find one.

• Govind1801

Yes, you are right.
    I see the Audio jack is embedded in Mother board and  it is

Audio codec: Realtek ALC271X-GR-VB6 which is embedded  with Mother board.

It has  Intel Panther Point PCH motherboard.

• deheugden

pitty, its just 2 and a half years old.

Anyway, do you know if there is a manual available to tell me where i should put a specific screw? I closed the casing and i still got 3 screws available :-)

Edit:

After putting everything back in palce(and with the three screws available) i noticed that some of the keys dont work anymore. The keys on the left site and some in the numeric keyboard part.

strange. Anyone ever experienced this and knows what is wrong?