aspire one 722 harddrive issue?

Options
ej10
ej10 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, I have an Aspire one 722 laptop using windows 7 Home prem 64 bit, that while trying to start I do not hear the harddrive spin, just a couple of clicks before this message displays: 

Check cable connection!

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

No bootable device - - insert boot disk and press any key

any thoughts or suggestions?  

Thank you very much, Ed

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

"PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM." is the current message of a defective/dead HDD.

Your laptop try to boot on a network drive. You need a new HDD.

France
  • ej10
    Options

HI laurent_14, thank you for such a quick reply.  I tried to plug into my home network and got the same outcome. So you suggest ordering a new HDD and I will have to get the loading CD from ACER as they did not come with the unit, correct?

Any thoughts how do I load teh recovery CD's into a laptop without a disk drive?

Thank you so much, Ed

• laurent_14
    Options

Sorry Ed, I didn't say to connect it to the home network. I wrote "boot on a network drive" like a factory network.

You can't download the recovery media but you have to buy them from your Acer store. In the same time, I suggest you to order a new HDD. You can also contact them by phone or by chat.

France
  • ej10
    Options

Hi laurent_14,   THANK YOU very much.  I have been trying various things and to get a clear definition is great. I will order the drive & recovery disks. I found an external disk drive a friend has that I can use to load the recovery CD.  

Have you done this new drive & recovery disks before?

How do I load the recovery CD onto the new hard drive?   Will the laptop just look to run the disks from the external drive?

Again thank you for talking me through this process.

Ed

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. Have you done this new drive & recovery disks before?
      Yes, it's not very complicated.
    2. How do I load the recovery CD onto the new hard drive?
      When you see the Acer logo, press [F12] Boot menu and select the DVD drive.
    3. Will the laptop just look to run the disks from the external drive?
      You'll have to follow the insructions on the screen.

Topic: Recovery using CDs or DVDs

France