aspire freezing half way reboot while keep showing acer logo and never restart after fallback win10

Options
qawsee
qawsee Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi

I am having problem with my aspire (out of warranty) could not complete its reboot process after fall back from win 10 to win 7. It freezed between the reboot process and showing the ACER logo without moving to next process. It displays F2 to enter setup and F12 to access the bios but in no use since the reboot freezing.

I have swapped the RAM, tested the existing RAM but has no problem. Has taken out the HDD, and also has reformatted the HDD but has no effect at all. Appreciate suggestion and solution from readers, thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

So you reverted from windows 10 to windows 7?

what's you aspire model number?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • qawsee
    qawsee Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I reverted the laptop from win 10 to win 7 using the Windows Recovery under the Update & Security due to slow performance of win 10.

My Acer is Aspire 4755G.

I did taken out the cmos battery CR2032, and left it a few hours and came back and reinserted, but it still frozen, and stuck at the bios process by displaying Acer logo, F2 for setup, and F12 for bios setup. Has no impact if pressing the F2 or F12 since the laptop never finishing the bios startup process.

Hopefully someone can give suggestion to revive my laptop. Thanks Ace IronFly

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you already tried to press ALT+F10 at boot?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • peptobismal
    peptobismal Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Options

Wait... so it's stuck right after POST? If you hold down a key for a little while, will it beep? Knowing that it is responding to SOMETHING is better than knowing it isn't responding to ANYTHING.

Unfortunately, if it is getting past/into POST and then just freezing... I really am not sure what you could do. Unless, you have made any changes to Hardware or BIOS... it should at least be able to get past that screen and give you some kind of "hey dummy you done messed up" message.