aspire 9413zwsmi-9410z SSD install (laptop)

Options
FBEE
FBEE Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello I'm a happy owner of this 17"aspire 9413zwsmi-9410z laptop. And now it became time to upgrade this machine with an SSD.

I bought a Crucial BX100 250GB knowing that this is alo compatble for this laptop.

I put it in and let it start on its own but I couldnt instal the OS because it did not find any disk to put it on.

Then restarted again and via F2 I went in the BIOS. Here the the new SSD wasnt apearing too.

Restarted again and now looked in BOOT F12, still no SSD.

Back in the bios look for BOOT devices and there i only see IDE HD that comes close to what i'm looking for.

But this no good.

Now I wonderd if I broke things with removing the original HD.

But when I put it back it started beautiful again. 

I even cloned the original to the SSD but still the problem that the SSD it's not apearing anywhere.

Testing it in a other pc and here it was no problem. I formated the SSD too here but still no good.

I realy hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Boot from your install disk and at the install page, click Repair my computer.

Find the command prompt, type diskpart. When diskpart starts, type list disk and see if it finds the SSD. 

Probably disk 0. Type select disk 0, type Clean, exit, exit.

Reboot and try your install.

• FBEE
    Options

Pity that didn't do it either.

It just doesnt see the SSD wehen the the SSD works good in a desktop.

Even Crucial says it's compatble with this laptop.

• philetus
    Options

I've never had compatability issues with a Crucial SSD. None of them are A BX though.

• FBEE
    Options

You used the MX type? Why did you never used the BX?

• philetus
    Options

When I read the reviews on Amazon and looked at the specs, I decided it was an inferior SSD compared to the MX and the Samsung Evo. I can usually find a Samsung Evo for around the same price and if not at the time I need one, I will spend $10 more for my peace of mind .