aspire 5742z

Options
Fletcher52
Fletcher52 Member Posts: 5 New User

although my laptop is in black screen i want to change the battery to see if it will help with the black screen. Is it easy or hard to change?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you tried to connect it to an external monitor or TV?

just to check if you have a dead monitor or something else.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Fletcher52
    Options

I haven't tried that but this happened once before and I tried f8 with another key I can't remember which one and it opened to bios. It has had 2 mini dumps I do not know why. I do not know how to connect to a tv and I do not have another moniter I am using my old computer which runs xp. can you give me directions on how to hook it to a tv?

• Fletcher52
    Options

I ordered the erecovery disk but hope I don't have to use because I don't want to lose the kids pictures or my partners fishing tournament photos. I also ordered a new battery because mine was telling me it was bad.

• IronFly
    Options

if you have an LCD TV, you can connect your laptop using a simple HDMI cable.

Once connected turn on your laptop and check if any image appear on your TV

to enter BIOS is just F2 at boot.

battery is easy to change, need some patience.

• Fletcher52
    Options

is this a cable like I use to run a phone to computer? I asked my daughter she told me she ran a cable from her phone and her pictures booted up to the television. I will not beable to try this until monday. My old man gets nervous when I attach anything to the tv.  Why do I need patience to change the battery?

• IronFly
    Options

phones normally has microHDMI to HDMI connectors, so it's not compatible with your laptop.

HDMI cable:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdmi+cable

it's a very cheap cable and you can find nearly everywhere in stores.

Patience is always needed when doing this kind of things...just this. Smiley Happy

• Fletcher52
    Options

okay well as soon as I get the chord I will get back with you for the instructions and I thank-you very much for your assistance.

• IronFly
    Options

you welcome.