aspire 5742g webcam not working

georgel1971
georgel1971 Member Posts: 7 New User

Welcome everybody.

My name is georgel1971 and I'm from Bucharest Romania. I own laptop acer Aspire 5742 g model, snide. [edited for privacy], Serial Number.. 2 months ago I decided to reinstall my operating system win 7 ultimate 64 bit. After reinstalling and installing drivers, update drivers and BIOS update to version 1.30, everything worked ok for 5 days, then I found that I no longer can access the Acer Crystal Eye webcam in Webcam. When you start the application displays the message The camera is not available or is used by another application ... We could not find any solution so I reinstalled windows and I took it from the beginning. The pleasant surprise was when the camera is no problem, but after 4-5 days the same problem. Chamber refuses to start. Mention that in these 4-5 days was not installed on any laptop program. Only Google Chrome browser. There is currently installed antivirus unit. Windows Update is up to date, as well as driver update software.
The same version of Windows I used it before resettlement and use it on another Acer laptop and I have no problem. In Device Manager installed camera appears. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled without success ... I

My laptop is no longer under warranty and technical support in Bucharest Romania cost $ 40 just to check ...
Please help me ...

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

1. Go to Device Manager /imaging devices. right click on camera and click disable.Reboot and go back and enable camera.

2. There are 3 drivers for the camera in Windows 7 64bit. You only need 1 of them.If you're not sure which one you need, on the Acer driver page,above the driver list, you'll see "Need to know the hardware on your system to choose the right driver?", click on that and download and run the Hardware detector and run it.

Download the correct driver.

Uninstall all camera drivers and software in Programs and Features and Device Manager, checking box delete software. Reboot and install downloaded driver.

• georgel1971
    georgel1971 Member Posts: 7 New User

Thanks for the response.
    I tried what you have given me here, but after I run detector device drivers not found in the list of webcam ... 

Untitled.png