aspire 5742g turns off

Options
racci81
racci81 Member Posts: 2 New User

hey ppls....

I have a problem with aspire 5742g... it keeps shutting down after some short time... it's not overheating problem... temp is around 34C and when I load the procesor to 100% for some time the temp rises a bit but it doesn't get over 60C in any moment but it shuts down.... any ideas?

I'm trying to use some overclocking software to lower the multiplier but nothing seems to work....

any BIOS ideas? any ideas are wellcome.....

thx

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It certainly sounds like a overheat problem. Try using a blowdryer on cool or a small fan blowing directly into the case and see if it still shuts down. Laptop fans can get plugged between the fan and the heatsink over time and you can't see it looking in the exaust. Thermal compound breaks down over time, gets hard, crumbles and loses it's properties.

Does it run on battery alone?

A dead battery can cause problems even on power.

If you haven't done so lately, rum Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

• racci81
    racci81 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

yea I know all that stuff... I work in a workshop for computers.... it's all cleaned up new termal paste and everything.... I've even tried putting a thin copper plates so I get a bit more presure on it... so my thoughts are going around termal sensor... but I don't how to resolve it, don't know its location and can get a workaround....

thx for replay

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try replacing the cmos battery, but leave it disconnected for a couple hours before you reconnect it.