acer switch 10 problems very difficult to turn on

Options
bill928p
bill928p Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My switch 10 laptop is difficult to turn on once it is turned off.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can you explain "difficult" to turn ON?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • steaxt24
    steaxt24 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

same thing happened to my switch 10. my laptop was full charged the night before and was turned off. when i tried turning it on the next day, it suddenly doesnt want to start. the screen is black and nothing is coming to life. i started to get really scared. i tried a few attempts and after my 8-10 attempts, it finally starts. i tried doing it againand the same thing happened. i was also wondering if i can just keep the laptop in sleep mode like a normal tablet so i dont need to turn off anad on the device. Im hesitating because this is still a laptop and i dont it to overheat like my old laptops especially when im storing it inside its bag

• bill928p
    bill928p Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Mine is fine if I turn it off but if I let it sit plugged in and on it will freeze or turn it self off and is difficult to get it to come on or unfreeze. aftet 2 hours, I rebooted it using the reset port and a paper clip.

The unit is scheduled to go back to ACER for repair. next week.

Now my MicroSC card slot is not working. Acer chat said they would fix that also when the unit is returned.

this thing really runs good when it is hitting on all 8 cylinders but too many things are malfunctioning. Never had a computer with so many issues. Hope I did not buy a piece of junk!