acer recovery management not working

Options
theresaClaire
theresaClaire Member Posts: 4 New User

hi,

i bought an acer recently ( almost two months ) it s an Aspire V3-371 with windows 8.1 , my problem is the acer recovery management is not working , all it does is asking me for authorization whether i click yes or no nothing happens , it won t open.

If someone could please help me out, I d greatly appreciate your assistance.

thanks 

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options

Hi Theresa,

1. Any Application in Windows Will Ask for your Authentication to Run(Unless You Disable User Account Access to Minimum** Which is not recommended**), If the App is Trusted by you, then yes you could Click Yes,.
    2. What happens Once you click Yes?

• theresaClaire
    Options

Hi Sathya0403,
    when i click yes nothing happens ( that s the problem) i even made a refresh even though the pc still new and same thing nohing happens when i click it .
    thanks for your reply , much appreciated  

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi Theresa,

If the issue is only with Acer Recovery Manager, then I fear you may need to reinstall the OS as the Recovery manager as an application cannot be downloaded from web,.
    NOTE: Reinstalling OS, will wipe the Drive & All Data will be deleted.
  • theresaClaire
    Options

oh i see... well i ll send it back to acer since it s still under warranty , hope they will fix it.
    thank you so much for your help =) 

• sathya0403
    Options
    You May Reinstall the OS as the way you did a refresh. that would fix, instead sending the unit & waiting for 2weeks to get back
  • theresaClaire
    Options

i just did it and same thing, still doesn t work Smiley Sad