acer aspire e1-472g

Options
eivel-ice
eivel-ice Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
hi acer support. i just bought a aspire e1-472g and i thought it would support windows 7 even if windows 8 was pre installed. i really really hate windows 8 because it was laggy even when the power of this laptop is concerned. so i thought that i will get rid of all the lags when i downgrade it to windows 7. the 1 problem i found is i have installed both Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA geforce GT 720m drivers for windows 7 32bit but dxdiag only detects Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and not NVIDIA geforce GT 720m.. so the 2 gig GPU is being wasted... also i cannot find universal serial bus (USB) controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller drivers.. i am hoping that acer would please make an official drivers for windows 7 32bit for the notebook model : aspire E1-472G because windows 7 is not yet out of the market right? and it is still supported by microsoft? and not everyone is happy using windows 8 because it still is not compatible to a lot of softwares and programs around. so windows 7 is still the best choice. i am begging acer support to please make a new drivers support please.. i don't want to waste such a beautiful laptop.. thank you.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

You could get the drivers from NVIDIA for GT720m. I have checked their site just now and they have the driver you are looking for.

Untitled.jpg

• eivel-ice
    Options

yes. i have that.

but when i look at dxdiag this is what is only there. 

so i think that the nvidia is not being used by the system, am i correct?

Untitled.png

• brummyfan2
    Options

Have you looked in device manager? Do you get the yellow triangle in there as well?

EDIT: It could be the characteristics of Optimus technology, my understanding is that the laptop will not use the dedicated graphics for normal day to day usage and when it detects more graphical intensive usage the dedicated graphics will kick in, as I have not used these new laptops, please wait for someone more experienced to chime in.

• eivel-ice
    Options

ah, i get it now. 

so it is kind of a back up gpu only. 

but i hope that i can make it work for all of windows apps etc.

or acer could.. 

i bought this laptop because of the 2 gig nvidia... if only i knew that it would not work as a primary, i might have bought other laptop with less price but same specs without the 2 gig nvidia Smiley Sad

• denson16
    denson16 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey sir Eivil-Ice... are you done installing windows 7 on acer aspire e1-472g? Does it work properly? I also want  to change my OS cause this W8.1 is crazy! I always get Lag.. lag.. Lag... can you please help me where did you find those drivers installed in our Laptop? THanks in advance.. hoping for your reponse.. ASAP.. thank you very much!

[inappropriate content removed]

• pranavkandiah
    pranavkandiah Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i cant find the intel hd graphics driver for windows 7 32bit. can you give me a link to the download. when i run the nvidia driver installer, it says you must install an intel driver first. i will also need the pci simple communications controller.