acer aspire 7540 black screen no boot

Options
andsolo21
andsolo21 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all came to my laptop last night pushed the power button to be met with a black screen, the fan spins but there's no HDD activity, I have done the power reset ie held down the power button also tried with power and f12, I have swapped the ram with known working ram checked the connections of the screen, I've also tried and external monitor to no avail. Has anybody any idea if I can flash the bios in the same procedure as the aspire one A110/A150 if so any guides or instructions 

thanks in advance 

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I doubt the problem is with the BIOS. I suspect a hardware problem, possibly with the mainboard or LCD. We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue.

Acer Service and Support

• andsolo21
    andsolo21 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Solved for me at lease.... if anyone has one of these in the bottom of a cupboard in a simular situation as me, if youre handy with a screw driver split the laptop and replace the bios battery was a long shot but i found that the one that was in my laptop had given up so replaced and powered straight up..... saves the £46.50 diagnosis before repair off an acer tech