acer aspire 5920g bricked after bios update

aguard71
aguard71 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi please i need a bios recovery for my acer aspire 5920g bricked after bad flash

my laptop wont boot anymore  i did not find a way to reflash it under dos

if u hava any solution please help sorry for myd english

Spoiler

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Can you still access bios or F-12 boot menu?

• aguard71
    aguard71 Member Posts: 2 New User

no 

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Is it Win 7?

• Spike93
    Spike93 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello everyone i have a little problem with bios flashing tool for Aspire 5920G, curently running old version of bios and i want to update to the latest one V3813 because i heard that let's you control the fan, cause it is overheating and when i try to run WinPhlash i get error 1275, the laptop run's win7 ultimate x64 and my acount (the only one) it's set as Administrator, what can i do to make it work and get rid of that error and it is safe to update the bios ???

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,265 Trailblazer

>>>i heard that let's you control the fan, cause it is overheating>>>is safe to update the bios ???>>>

Where did you hear this from? No it's not safe. How do you know it's overheating? What are the overheating symptoms? And has it always had this overheating issue? Jack  E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Spike93

Hello JackE the bios things where from a lot of forums that i found on google and i updateed the bios with succes with the 64bitt version of the flasher and on that forums they said that the update is necessary only if you update to Penryn processors only and i changed mine from original Core2Duo T7500 witch was Memrom i think to T8300 witch is Penryn-3M and the termal problem was from the paste applied to the cpu so i changed it with Arctic silver Mx5 and now it's ok, thank you for your quick response and for more info please reply.

• Spike93

and i still have some problem with the temperatures, is there some software that can control the fan ?? just want to inrease the rpm a little. I installed NB Fan Controler but my model isn't in the program's list so no luck.

• JackE

>>>now it's ok>>>>>>i still have some problem with the temperatures>>>

Congratulations on fixing your BIOS! But what problem are you still having with the CPU temperature? What are the symptoms of this temperature problem? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Spike93

Monitoring temps with Aida64 and the cpu temp is 54Degrees and my nvidia temp is 58 degrees, all this in on idle Smiley Sad and i need something to increase the cpu rpm

• JackE

By overheating symptoms I mean, for example, the laptop automatically shuts off or hibernates --- or the video distorts --- or some other hardware failure/abnormality. I don't mean monitoring software programs as they are notoriously inaccurate. So I wouldn't be at all concerned about those temperatures --- anywahy, they seem well within the normal range I'd expect for an idling system running necessary OS background processes with the screen on! Accordingly, I strongly advise against trying to mess with fan speeds unless the system is actually failing or exhibiting abnormal behavior. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Spike93

Thank you JackE for your response, no my laptop is running well but the air that get's out from the cooler i quite hot and my harddrive area it's hot to so i don't know how long it will work like this and before this Acer i had a Toshiba that died after 3 years so i revived the Nvidia chip and it worked fine another week and after that it died for good and was no problem cause i didn't like it to much, but this Acer is amaizing so i don't want to lose it Smiley Sad

• JackE

I understand your concern. If it were mine, I'd use the Windows built-in task manager to monitor CPU & memory usage/performance as a more reliable indicator of just how much you're system is being stressed or overworked. In fact, I run task manager as a startup and minimized all the time. Not just to monitor my CPU performance but also to immediately find and force shutdown of errant or stubborn processes/programs that continue eat up resources, overwork and slow my machine down even after I've closed them. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• Spike93

It's a good option but i dont have that kind of problems only with windows update as after a fresh install of windows it start's to search for update's and it consumes about 3.4/3.8 gig of ram so i disable it even if it is not safe as they say, but if that thing consumes 3.8 gig from may totaly 4 gig of ram i get rid of it. So to get back on the subject i think that it may be possible that the problem to be from the cooler assembly.

• JackE

>>>problems only with windows update>>>so i disable it>>>

I agree!!! I think you made a good choice. I also disable it and manually run it only when I'm not using the machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ