acer aspire 5755g cpu help

Options
mjui123
mjui123 Member Posts: 2 New User

So i recently had to replace my motherboard and the only inexpensive option was the motherboard from a 5750 which has the gt520m card instead of a 540m which sucks but i had a intel i7-2630qm lying around from a previous alienware that had the motherboard kill over on me and i parted it out except the processor so now i figured since i was changing out the motherboard i might as well switch the cpu and when i did the laptop powered on but just stayed on a black screen no beeps or noises or led lights besides power. I figured the cpu was dead although i saw no noticeably bent pins or anything like that but when i put my other cpu in it booted right up but i was wondering if there is anyway to fix the cpu maybe i am on the latest bios update and I know the cpu is supported and its the correct socket type but i just wanted to see if anyone might know a little more than me about maybe repairing it or something else i could try before it gets tossed thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I would say just take it for granted the i7-2630qm is either bad or not going to work in the laptop.Since that CPU did come in some 5750 laptops, I would say its probably bad or your Bios is not allowing it.