acer aspire 5742G 484G50mn to upgrade it. which motherboard with 2gb video is compatible

Options
csalavr
csalavr Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi i have an acer aspire 5742G 484G50mnkk
Im trying to upgrade it.
i have cpu i5 480 , 8gb ram ddr3, 250gb ssd. My problem came when i realised that my gpu is just a 500 mb  ati mobility radeonhd 5470. So to upgrade thatone is to change the hole motherboard which one could be compatible with my casing. thks

Answers

• vesp3r
    vesp3r Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Imo changing the entire motherboard seems a bit pointless. The only upgrades that worth are CPU, RAM and adding SSD

You will be way better if you just buy a new laptop instead of giving same ount of money for a mobo to put in the case you have

• csalavr
    Options

Pointless ????

ihave seen motherboards with 2gb nvidia card and adding the core i5, and ssd i think it smells gamer laptop.

Im only uncertain which type of motherboard fits in . A motherboard price tag is nowhere near a new gamer laptop price tag.

My laptop is very fast 5 seconds startup and good for surfing with already done upgrades just the video card is pulling it down when it comes to playing games. Thats why i want to change the motherboard with integrated or dedicated garphics of 2gb memory. Can you suggest how can i understand which motherboard is compatible? 

• csalavr
    Options

Basicaly my question is . I know that 5742G was produced and asembled with different motherboard types. Anyone can give me the list containing the mother board types with witch is compatible the case?

• vesp3r
    Options

I did say its pointless because i have the same laptop (but with the nvidia gpu and i3 cpu and like you I was looking for compatible mobo to put inside the case because at the time it seemed half price of what new gaming laptop would cost. However that was like 5 months ago and i still havent found anything that can fit and will cost less than buying new laptop for mid-end gaming. At the end I had to only update my BIOS put the i5 CPU for slightly better performance and now im looking for SSHD and RAM all those upgrades will cost me around $150 (maybe a bit more) and new laptop would cost me ~$700.

Still... I dont think you will find new mobo that you could fit in your case. You can look either for used ones or save up for better laptop

• csalavr
    Options

OH

Bad news for me Smiley Sad

ok than i do my other plan sell this one and buy a rog set Smiley Happy Howewer the upgrade your planing with ssd it will boost in general use of the laptop . Im very very satisfied with the speeds im getting now with my laptop as it is, only the games are a drag.

Thks for answers.

• vesp3r
    Options

i was satisfyed with the speeds too... untill one day it started to slow down on some programs or when i was listening music. I installed HD sentinel and saw that my hdd is at 25% health (basicaly over 100 bad sectors) thus I plan to change it