acer aspire 5560G Laptop restarting & Shuting down problem

Options
Neil1979
Neil1979 Member Posts: 2 New User

The other week i upgraded my moms laptop from Windows 7 home premium to windows 10 and since then the system was really slow so i desided to go back to windows 7 useing my computers system image i made from some software called acronis true image 2015 and it worked fine

But before i did that i used some software to completely blank the drive called partition magic so once i used that nothink was on the drive then i used the image i said above and now windows 7 is back on but since then

The system loads fine into windows 7 when i turn it on but if i go to restart the computer or go to shut down it will 1st say on the screen restarting or shuting down with what ever one i choose but then after that the screen will go black and the only lights what are on is the power light nothink else so in order to load the computer back up fine i have to hold down the on off button untill the laptop completely turns off and then press it to turn it back on and i dont know what could be causeing this as i never use to get this problem before so if someone could help me out and tell me why this would be happening it would be great from Neil

Answers

• Goedhals
    Goedhals Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hi Neil,

I know it's been awhile since you posted your problem (and maybe you already solved it) but anway. I've had the same problem with the same laptop and solved it.

The problem is poor UEFI implementation of Phoenix Secure Tiano BIOS in combination with GPT-partitioning. What you have to do is remove all partitions (INCLUDING BOOT PARTITION!) which were created by your clean Win 8.1 install. After that F2 into BIOS and set it to Default Settings, Save and Exit. Reboot and only then do a new install but this time FORCING the use of MBR instead GPT. Et voila, you're done.

Hope that it helps you and others with the same problem.

Nick

• Neil1979
    Neil1979 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi thank you for your message i have spoken to my mom about it as its her laptop and she as told me shes not botherd about holding the power button down to turn off when screen goes blank but for me i have been trying to fix it i even put in a brand new hard drive in and then reinstalled my moms computer with the acronis system image and again it still does the same thing and i dont really fancy doing a clean install on that laptop as it takes forever

but i fort last time by useing partition magic to completely blank the hard drive what took a couple of hours to complete i then fort by useing acronis image it would then be fine but no she still as the turn off problem and if you try to restart the system as well you just get a black screen so you have to even hold the turn off button then as well from Neil

• Goedhals
    Goedhals Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    You do understand by using any kind of image you are simple copying The Error and when restoring you restore The Error too back to the drive... Only way to go is do as I mentioned (Fully clean install) before and force using MBR, not using GPT.

Nick