acer aspire 5315 webcam not working in windows 10

hattonhall
hattonhall Member Posts: 3 New User

Hmmm  seems that the Aspire 5315 is regarded as obsolete?  can't see why, mine is running win 10 except that it wont recognise the webcam!  Can anyone help with that problem please ?

Answers

• hattonhall
    hattonhall Member Posts: 3 New User

Just thought to add that my 5315 runs Win 10 just fine, except that I can't work out how to get the webcam to work. Win 10 has installed a programme called CAMERA which although it is in the Apps list which come up in All apps, cannot be either started or removed from the list ??????

I tried installing several different webcam drivers for the 5315 but none of them work. I have uninstalled them all now and will do some more research for a solution.

hattonhall

PS.  I WAS ABLE TO GET A BRAND NEW 5315 KEYBOARD (UK version only) via Ebay for AU $15.

MY 5315 NOW LOOKS and runs LIKE NEW.  

Only thing is that the @ key is "hidden" where the " key is and @ is found at Shift '  But......I do now have a fully functioning laptop which had been rendered useless when the original US keyboard got damaged and literally fell apart.

• bill32
    bill32 Member Posts: 3 New User

hello hattonhall, I've the same obsolate aspire 5315 with the windows vista op.-system!!! I couldn't find out, how can I upgrade to windows 10!  you have successfully managed to upgrade yours! I've upgraded my 2 windows 7 machines, but the windows vista machines are not in the microsoft list of upgradeable machines!!!

Can you or anybody help me?

Bill