acer Laptop 5741G with Windows 7 Home Premium x64

ibrahim15
ibrahim15 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have acer Aspire Laptop 5741G with Windows 7 Home Premium but I lost my Windows 7 product key which was on the sticker in the back of the laptop. 

What can I do to restore my activation key ????  I can't activate without it !!!!

The warranty has expired also !!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Is the original HDD still in the machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ibrahim15

Yes Sir, the original HDD is still in the machine.

I want to restore my product key !!!!

What should I do please ?????

• JackE

Good. You should be able to recover an already-activated Win7 version that is registered to your particular machine. It resides on a hidden recovery partition on your original HDD.  

Follow the instruction in this video on how to recover your Win7 version using the Alt+F10 erecovery method. You will have a choice of returning your Win7 system to a factory-state either with or without saving your own data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• ibrahim15

I tried it but it wasn't successful. It failed !!!

I'm using Windows 10 actually.

What can I do ???

• JackE

Win10 might be why it failed. Did you install Win10 as a *trial* version or not? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ibrahim15

No, I installed Windows 10 on my acer machine not as "Trial" version. It's the last version of Windows 10 Education. I formatted Partition "C" only as usual to install Windows 10.

[edited to reduce font to normal size]

• JackE

Did you get any error messages or error codes when the Alt+F10 recovery procedure failed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ibrahim15

No, I didn't get any error messages or error codes when the Alt+F10 recovery procedure failed. Windows 10 started normally but there was sound alert.

• JackE

You may not have done the Alt+F10 procedure quickly enough or it was not a true cold boot. You must completely shut the power down before attempting the erecovery process.

To make sure you cold boot, first remove the power supply & battery. Then replace them. Then follow the Alt+F10 recover video again. Report back with result and we'll proceed further if necessary.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ShirlAnn62
    ShirlAnn62 Member Posts: 1 New User

How do I get a Start Up Disk download because the holding down of ALT plus F10 doesnt work keep getting an error of saying try disconnecting some hrad drives thats preventing Windows to load and then gives alternative to push ctrl alt and delete to restart

• JackE

Follow these steps.

(1) Turn off all power by pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds. Then press power button again to turn machine back on.

(2) At the ACER logo screen tap F2 to enter the BIOS settings menu

(3) Under the MAIN dropdown make sure the D2D recovery item is enabled

(4) Press F10 to exit and save the BIOS settings.

(5) Turn off all power again by pressing and holding the power button again for about 5 seconds

(6) Then follow this eRecovery video ***exactly*** and retry the ALT+F10 recovery procedure again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

(7) If the ALT+F!0 method still doesn't work, you can obtain an ACER eRecovery media as a USB thumbdrive or CD/DVD discs from the following link. Price is about $20. https://store.acer.com/en-us/  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ