acer 5750 flashed bios, serial #, product name and manufacturer name is deleted from bios settings,

Zee1
Zee1 Member Posts: 9 New User

After flashing the bios in acer 5750, product name, manufacturer name and serial number is removed from Bios settings. and when I try to install ACER apps, message pops up that this is not acer system.

I tried recovery disks, they also do not recognize it as acer pc system. I tried everything but nothing worked. ACER will never help you with such situation for free.

I basically need help putting back that info into the bios if possible. Please only answer if you know what Im talking about.

any help will be highly appreciated!!!! Thanks. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Where did you download that BIOS file?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Zee1

From Acer website

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

1.21?

have you tried to reflash it?

tried a CMOS reset?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Zee1

tried everything you mentioned, nothing works. yes it is 1.21. I have even tried different ones after it but nothing works, tried crisis disk that flashed it but does not bring back anything. 

I dont think it should be that easy to just wipe off the info off of the mobo and Acer is the only one who does not provide in such matter but HP does, They have tools available to fix the issue but not Acer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer

Hello Zee1,

Did you buy new or used?

France
  • Zee1

It is still the same motherboard that came with laptop. nothing is changed. 

• Zee1

I thought I would have been helped here but there was no help here

• laurent_14

Hello Zee1,

Did you copy all files contained in the DOS folder?

or

Did you copy only the file.bin and rename as indicated in the manual (file.fd)?

France
  • Zee1

I believe the fd file only I put it in the flash drive and flashed it and also flashed it with tool they have when you download the file from acer website and run it while windows running.

Thanks for reply!

• laurent_14

Hello Zee1,

If I've understood correctly, you have flashed under Windows and you have tried to recover the bios with the file.fd (P5WE0121.bin renamed *****.fd).

Have you tried to re-flash the bios under DOS?

France
  • Zee1

Yes I did but I can do it once more if you want me to do it a specific way. You understood me right.

• laurent_14

Hello,

I give you the procedure to flash your bios under MS-DOS (Aspire 5750 - Bios 1.21):

To flash the bios under MS-DOS:

1- Make a DOS Bootable USB Flash Drive (see note) with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

2- Download the bios folder zipped and unzip it.

3- Copy all files contained in the DOS folder on the USB flash drive.

4- Boot on the USB flash drive (see the note).

5- When you are under MS-DOS, type the command BIOS.BAT

6- If it's flashing successfully, reboot your system (normally, it reboot automatically).

7- Enter on the bios setup utility, "Load optimazed defaults" or "Load default settings"

8- Save and Exit

--- If you have a doubt, do not hesitate to ask me questions ---

Note:

HP: By default, Letter C --> you'll see it like a HDD or USB HDD

USB Flash Drive: 2Gb maxi

You can also use Rufus (IronFly info) - Select MS-DOS - Watch this video.

France
  • Zee1

Hi,

I did this before many time and I did it again as you said it. it actually did nothing.

Please look at this link it tell you how to enter the model # and serial number. It is for Acer. This is how it should be done. let me know what do you think about this and what is the next step.

here is the link

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/525553/Acer-Acerpower-Sn.html?page=43

Thanks for your help!

• laurent_14

Hello,

The only solution is to re-write the model and S/N by an Acer repair center. It would be very risky to do it yourself.

France
  • Zee1

Hi

Other brands such as HP they do allow you to do this type of stuff on your own. I figured that online. but couldnt find nothing for acer. Thanks for your help and time! take care!