acer 5253 memory upgrade problem

Zagicien
Zagicien Member Publicaciones: 3 New User
editado marzo 2023 en Archivo del 2017

Hi
I added two memory modules of 4Gb to my laptop acer 5253
To my surprise, windows only uses half of it.

I would like to use all of the RAM installed but I can not.
I'm on Windows 8 9200 64 Bits    (sorry if this picture is in french)
587e70b267c15_Sanstitre.png.df35b99625dde7d54104e7b6c7860851.png

My computer (Acer 5253) supports 8Gb of RAM  (http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15801/~/how-do-i-replace-the-ram-memory-on-my-acer-aspire-5253-series-notebook%3F)

(reconnecting, alternating) the memory modules  doesn't work.
Can you help me ?
BIOS INFORMATIONS
1.jpg.8a7327b2b19d5641c0028e8e45217997.jpg

2.jpg

3a.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Mejor respuesta

• Zagicien
    Respuesta ✓

Problem Solved!
    - a faulty memory module
    They were in their packaging and were new. I don't understand why but Im happy to have found the problem.

I tested the memory modules one by one and the computer didn't want to start with one of the two memory modules.

Respuestas

• EliteMan
    EliteMan Member Publicaciones: 31 New User

In this website I have found a way:

http://superuser.com/questions/292304/how-can-i-make-my-computer-use-more-ram

"Control panel->system->avdanced system settings->advanced->performance settings->advanced->virtual memory change-> uncheck automatically manage, and set the pagefile to whatever you want. I would NOT recommending setting no pagefile, as should you go near 8GB, you would get an error, but you could certainly do it."

The article was made 5 years ago so try if you would like but if it doesn't work I don't think that you could use  most of your ram unless you're doing some heavy tasks. 

• Zagicien

It doesn't work for me Smiley Sad

The problem is elsewhere.

• Zagicien
    Respuesta ✓

Problem Solved!
    - a faulty memory module
    They were in their packaging and were new. I don't understand why but Im happy to have found the problem.

I tested the memory modules one by one and the computer didn't want to start with one of the two memory modules.