Wireless connection randomly drops on Aspire E1-570G

LokasLokas
LokasLokas Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi, 

i bought my Acer Aspire E1-57G 2 months ago. U put win7 64bit on him and installed som drivers. All worked fine for some time. 1 week ago my internet slowed down randomly, and only on this notebook. 

I googeld a little bit and i decided to go for win 8.1 and original drivers. I installed ewerithing but the problem with WLAN adapter was still there. If i started loading a web page somtime it loads completly with no problems and ewerithing is fine for som time (5 min) then pages start to loading slow or not at all. And like that all the time. when i download somthing it ether downloads "fast" like 500 - 800 kbps or not at all 0kbps. On other notebooks wireless connection is ok, and at the same time when thisone is slow others do well. Win update is not slowing connection (OFF), firewall is ok, power managment set  to be max for wlan adapter. I tryed ewery solution that i found on the internet.

So what is the problem (is it WLAN adapter) and how to fix it?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I see that you downgraded to Windows 7 and this is when you started experiencing the connectivity issue. When you installed Windows 8.1 did you restore using recovery media for a full factory restore? If not I would recommend restoring the system to its factory default settings then update all the Windows 8 drivers and BIOS. How does the system function before you update to Windows 8.1?

If the connectivity issue is not present in Windows 8, you can try the Windows 8.1 update again and then make sure to install all the Windows 8.1 drivers on our support site. (Note: There are two WLAN drivers, please make sure you install the correct on for your device.) If the problem persists, I would recommend contact technical service in your region.

• LokasLokas
    LokasLokas Member Posts: 2 New User

Thnx for the reply Smiley Happy

The Notebook came with no OS. So I installed win7 first and after 3months win8. I olredy contacted the technical service and they think it MAY be the wlan adapter fault, they will test it to find the problem.

Thnx again for the reply ...

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Okay, I hope the issue gets resolved. Please let me know their finding so it can be of some use to the community.

Thank you,

Acer-Ryan

• nelietis96
    nelietis96 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello!
    I have similar problem with exact computer, but only on Windows 8.1. At first moment wireles connection is okay, but after a while it shows, that are connected, but no programm can use it. All of the simtoms are quite similar to this post.

I hope it's isn't the wireless card, because this computer already has been 2 times at repair shop for its screen problem.

If I won't find solution at internet and I will have to wisit repair shop again, I, as an IT Enthusiast, won't recommend anyone Acer because it has so many problems.... 

• Jottamigg
    Jottamigg Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had the same problem and after extensive research i eventually found the answer.  The problem is within the wifi card, replace it and the problem will disapear.
    Use this one, its dual band and works like a charm.

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235