Wireless connection randomly drops every 5 minutes

Options
MrMorrers
MrMorrers Member Posts: 2 New User

My laptop has just started doing the same thing, at least every 5 minutes it drops the net connection. ACER: do you have any suggestions as to the cause please?????????????????? And more importantly, the cure?

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

There can be several reasons why your wireless connection keeps dropping. To troubleshoot the issue, you can refer to the instructions mentioned on the following link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this will help you.

• MrMorrers
    MrMorrers Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks Guru, I will have a read. But there seems to be a widespread problem with Acer machines dropping internet connections. I would have thought that Acer would have addressed the issue by now but after exchanging a couple of emails with them their solution for me is a complete reinstall.......!  In other words, they haven't a clue what is causing this widespread problem. I have resorted to a Netgear dongle and my web connection is now perfect which does demonstrate that it is a machine fault.

The lesson is clear. Don't buy Acer. I certainly wish I hadn't now.  Regards, Mr Morrers