Windows wont load after I close the lid of the laptop.

Options
twreondy
twreondy Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi. I am having an issue with my laptop. I am running Windows 8.1, upgraded from windows 8. Whenever I close the lid and try to start the computer again, windows wont load unless I alt F10 and do a system restore. I want to try refreshing the computer to see if that will solve the problem. However, I am a bit scared that I will not be able to get back the files that pop up in the list that I will have to reinstall. I am concerned about the ones that came preinstalled with the laptop namely Acer docs, the Intel graphics files , identity card, ETDWare PS/2-x64 etc. I did not get discs with the machine.

Should I be worried or will those files be added when I upgrade after the refresh? If not, where can I go to download them? Any instructions on what to do after the refresh is welcomed. Thanx

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

What is your model # and the factory-installed Windows version?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• twreondy
    Options

Model # Aspire E1-571-6680 factory installed Windows 8

• JackE
    Options

Have you updated the Windows 8 chipset driver for your system?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• twreondy
    Options

I dont think so. I upgraded to windows 8.1 and the only updates I am aware of are those from the windows automatic update.

• JackE
    Options

OK. Click the support button at the top of this page. Choose your country. Then drivers and manual. Select your notebook aspire model e1-571. Choose Windows 8 64-bit since that was your original version. Then download and try to install the Intel chipset driver. Report back with results. Thanks

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• twreondy
    Options

Message received "The computer currently contains software version 9.3.0.1021 which is newer than the version you are about to install. are you sure you want to overwrite current software with older version?"  So I chose no. 

• JackE
    Options

Choose no. Do NOT install it. 9.3.0.1021 is the latest version.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• twreondy
    Options

Since I got no further response from you, I braved up and did a refresh of the OS, and then upgraded to windows 8.1 The refresh solved the problem, all my files were restored. No issues anymore.

• JackE
    Options

Good going! You musta read my mind as for erecovering back to Win8. I woulda probably left it at that. But I'm a chicken.  8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ