Windows 7 Acer recovery hangs at "Setup is starting services"

Options
BrownshoeSailor
BrownshoeSailor Member Posts: 13 New User

Acer Aspire Timeline 1810TZ; 512GB SSD; newly received disks from Acer

After almost completing, going past the "install the Language disk" point and reinstalling the System disk, it hangs at this point, says restart the installation  -  does the same thing over and over. Does the message mean start the ENTIRE installation recovery over again????  Reboot w/system disk, etc,???

I don't have time for this.  I want a valid product ID so I can get something from Microsoft that will work.  It's bad enough getting a PC that came loaded with crapware, and had no operating system copy, and having to purchase recovery disks.

Answers

• BrownshoeSailor
    Options

Tried calling chat;  got "out of warranty" message after entering SNID  -  but how about a warranty on the recovery disks I just paid for, and the O/S disks I never got???

• BrownshoeSailor
    Options

Started process totally from scratch.  System disk, Recovery Disk 1, asked for Recovery Disk 2. swapped in 2,  asked for Recovery disk 2, asked for Recovery disk 2,  asked for Recovery disk 2  . . . . ad nauaseam.

Starting all over again  -  we'll see.  All this because Microsoft and computer manufacturers went on the cheap and sold computers without a full copy of the O/S.  And possibly because Mikcrosoft doesn't have a Win 7 version, or at least Acer's Recovery disks don't have a version, that knows what to do with an SSD.  I'd switch to Win 8.1 except I don't really like the clunky "Metro" interface, and I hate to saddle an older machine with a less powerful CPU with an even bigger, more graphics intensive O/S.

• Goedhals
    Goedhals Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hi BrownShoeSailer,

Why not try a sleek, fast, small en ultimately modern OS instead. You can testdrive it first if you wish and I can garantee you it will work 100%. With less then 20 minutes install time should you decide to install after testing.

You won't be sorry.

Nick