Windows 10 upgrade --battery not detected

Options
keness47
keness47 Member Posts: 4 New User

Windows 10 upgrade left me with battery not detected Aspire 5738 laptop. Already tried the hard power reset, no luck. If I can't find solution, I'll need to roll back to Windows 7 or be stuck with a portable desktop. Any ideas or suggestions?

Best Answer

• keness47
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks to Alfin72 in the Windows 10 forum for a solution that worked:

"Please check if you can do a battery driver reset. Here are the steps: Go to the devise manager. Press and hold the windows key with your left hand and then tap on the letter X key with your right hand. Then select devise manager from the list. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery and chose uninstall. Click on ACtion tab on top of the window and chose scan for hardware changes. Let us know if you notice any change after following the above steps."

The solution worked great!

I also ended up doing a hard power reset afterwards because it now detected the battery but wasn't charging. To do this, simply unplug everything (including battery), hold power button for 15 seconds (you won't see anything happen), then plug back in and restart. After windows comes up, give it another 30 seconds, then put battery back in. Now it's all good!

Answers

• keness47
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks to Alfin72 in the Windows 10 forum for a solution that worked:

"Please check if you can do a battery driver reset. Here are the steps: Go to the devise manager. Press and hold the windows key with your left hand and then tap on the letter X key with your right hand. Then select devise manager from the list. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery and chose uninstall. Click on ACtion tab on top of the window and chose scan for hardware changes. Let us know if you notice any change after following the above steps."

The solution worked great!

I also ended up doing a hard power reset afterwards because it now detected the battery but wasn't charging. To do this, simply unplug everything (including battery), hold power button for 15 seconds (you won't see anything happen), then plug back in and restart. After windows comes up, give it another 30 seconds, then put battery back in. Now it's all good!