Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11

jimtek
jimtek Member Posts: 1 New User

Greetings:

I recently purchased an Aspirt One Cloudbook 11 and it will NOT complete the Windows 10 version 1511, 10586 update.  This system came from the factory with a eMMC of only 16 gigs; I was told that this upgrade requires 3.7 gigs to upgrade.  As such -- it appears that this is an ACER flaw or Microsoft flaw in that I find it a tad frustrating that I bought this thing; but it can't even complete a simple upgrade.

I'm a tech guy, so I've already went through the rounds of dealing with a great tech of Acer, and the only answer was "sorry you're system doesn't have enough space" -- so really at this point, all I want to do is make sure either ACER or Microsoft knows this to avoid others from purchasing this system; and yes having any kind of external storage does NOTHING; from a CLEAN install the system is left with just a hair over 4 gigs out of 16; then the auto updates start and suck the eMMC dry leaving you with about a gig left (and the last update requires 3.7 gigs); you can't transfer any program files anywhere and you're just doomed; again I already had a tech remote into this dog and watchh him/her painfully do everything I already thought of.  The only way I could this thing ever being able to work is if I had the latest Windows 10 as an ISO with all it's patches alredy combined -- anyway, That's all folks!  Anyone who had the same issue, would be interesting to hear if there was a work around.

System specs:

Acer One Cloudbook 11 AO1-131-C7DW

SN: [edited to comply with guidelines]

SNID:  [edited to comply with guidelines]

BIOS Version:  V1.08_32

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32-bit

Intel Celeron N3050 1.60GHz

2 GB

14.68GB Hynix HAG2e (EMMC)

Answers

• rlandenberg
    rlandenberg Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue.  Spent 3+ hours with Microsoft Support remote.  Three Techs involved. 

During final stages of upgrade system "reverts to previous version."

MS Tech conclusion: "Take computer to local shop and have more memory installed..."

System Specs:

AO1-131-C1G9

32GB eMMC

USB thumb drive attached 168GB

Windows 10 Home 64-bit